Hello, and thanks for checking out my website! My name is John Kraus; I’m a 17 year old photographer from Satellite Beach, Florida. I’m a junior at Satellite High School, a violinist in my school’s symphonic orchestra and a member of my school’s journalism program.
I’m a huge Orlando Magic and NBA fan, too!
I work with AmericaSpace, a space news website covering American spaceflight. I am credentialed under AmericaSpace to cover most launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) as a media member. Along with other members of the media, I set up cameras at the launchpads prior to the launch of whatever rocket calls that launchpad home. I also shoot from a few miles away during each launch, and retrieve the camera(s) I set up at the pad after that.
You may have seen my work here:
- National Geographic: Online feature, July 2016 !!!
- Digital Photo magazine: October 2016
- WIRED magazine: October 2016
- PetaPixel: December 2016, August 2016, June 2016, January 2015
- WIRED.com: August 2016
- Digital Photography Review: September 2016
- Inverse.com: Feature 1, Feature 2. August 2016
- Pro Photographer Magazine: August 2016
- DigitalRev Bokeh: June 2016
- Resource Mag Online: June 2016
- Fast Co Design: February 2015